Tuesday, April 5, 2011

29 week update!

I had my 2 doctor appointments yesterday and still no bed rest!!! :-)


Everything went well with both appointments- Dr. D wants me to check with Dr. A and see his opinion on when he thinks we should schedule my c-section. Dr. D is aiming for 38 weeks, but he thinks Dr. A might be thinking differently. I gained 4 pounds (in 2 weeks..nice, huh?) so I'm up 24 total. Holy Moly! Dr. D said he's comfortable with me not doing the steroid shots for the babies because everything is going so well and I'm on the lower risk end of high risk pre-term labor pregnancies this time around. So, it doesn't look like I'll be getting those shots! Dr. D wants me to take my activity level down a couple of notches, but not to bed rest level. Thank goodness! He said of course I can still get out & about, but he said no wandering around the mall just to wander. If I have to go somewhere, he said to go, get what I need and come home. I'm fine with that! It's just for a few short weeks, so I can handle that!! I go back in 2 weeks!

At Dr. A's office, my cervix was the same as it was 2 weeks ago- nothings changed! Since all was well, I didn't even see the doctor that was there. Dr. A & Dr. H were both out, so I didn't ask about scheduling my c-section. I'll ask at my next appointment in 2 weeks. Looks like my last appointment with them will be April 18, then I'll be free from them!! They'll check my cervix one last time and do a growth u/s for the girls!

We're getting down to the wire here, and I'm excited and freaking out at the same time. I don't feel prepared for all of this and I know mentally I'm not ready..but I guess I'll have to be! I'm just hoping & praying for two healthy little girls! Everything else will fall into place! :-)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs