A fellow blogger had a great post where she listed everything that was easier for her after her little girl arrived, and what was harder. I'm going to copy her- it'll be neat to look back on this a while from now!
Things that are EASIER than I expected:
- Tyler's delivery- Although the nervousness right before I had Tyler was much crazier than I expected, the actual delivery was a breeze! I was so scared for the c-section, but it went so darn fast and before I knew it, my little man was in my arms staring into my eyes.
- Recovery- Super easy for me! I'm so thankful that my c-section recovery was easy. I always say it's God's way of rewarding me for the stressful pregnancy I went through. I remember I was ready to run around just a couple of days after I had Tyler and especially once we came home from the hospital. I'm sure the 4 months of bedrest had something to do with that.
- Breastfeeding- I've heard so many stories of Moms that plan on nursing, but can only make it a short period. I guess I got really lucky and it's been mostly pretty easy for us. Tyler didn't have any latching problems at all. The only bump in the road we've hit is that my milk supply isn't the best. I started drinking Mother's Milk tea and vavoom!! It's back!
- Errand-running- I was afraid Tyler would HATE to be in the car and run around with me, but thankfully he loves it. He just doesn't like when the car or stroller stops moving. As long as we're moving, we're ok!
- For sure, lack of sleep- Now that Tyler's 3 months, things are MUCH better. However, from about 4 weeks to 10 weeks, things weren't pretty in the Kaufman household as far as sleep goes. I didn't realize how much of a toll lack of sleep takes on you. I really thought I'd be ok without a full night's sleep but boy oh boy was I wrong! When the lack of sleep snowballs each night, it just gets worse. I'm so glad the worst is over! (until baby #2) :-)
- Lack of routine- I really wanted to stick with the idea of feeding & sleeping on demand, but it's so tough! I've always liked having a set routine in my life before Tyler so now to be without one is a challenge, but I'm hoping to get working on this situation in the next couple of weeks.
- Bella & Daytona- I hate to admit this, but the precious baby doggies have taken the backseat on our list of priorities since Tyler's been here. We're not ready to have the dogs around Tyler by themselves yet and it's tough to keep them separated. We let the dogs around when Sam & I are there to watch them, but it's been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I guess it's guilt that makes it so bad. And, the dog fur around Tyler drives me bonkers.
- Leaving Tyler- I knew this would be a tough one, but it's even tougher than I thought. I hate leaving his smiley little face and thankfully it isn't often I have to leave him. I'm beyond blessed to be able to stay home with my little man and see every little face, move and milestone he makes.
Although being a Mom is the hardest job around, I love it more than anything. When I've had a crazy day and that precious little smile shines on my face, it just makes everything ok.
Speaking of smile...here's a picture that always makes me smile.
0 comments:
Post a Comment