Tuesday, August 24, 2010

15 months!

A few days late on this post, but I'm just glad I'm getting around to posting it! Life is MUCH busier when you're chasing a 15 month old around. Tyler's climbing on EVERYTHING these days...he keeps me on my toes!

On August 18, we took him in for his 15 month well check. Dr. S said he looks great and healthy!

His stats:
32.5" height
24.2 lbs
48 3/4cm head

He got one shot (3 vaccines) and we're holding off on the MMR vaccine. Yes, I'm paranoid about the autism talk, but also I have a hard time allowing them to shoot 6 diseases in Tyler all at one time. Yuck. So, we're spreading it out. Not sure when he'll get the MMR, but it will be by 18 months, as the doctor recommended.

Some things Tyler's up to these days:

  • As I mentioned before, climbing, climbing, climbing. He's ALL over the place- climbing up on tables, counter tops, chairs...you name it. Drives me crazy!
  • He has 8 teeth now- 4 on top, 4 on bottom.
  • Tyler takes one nap now- usually 1 1/2 hours. He's up about 6:30am and goes to bed at 8pm. He takes a 6-7oz bottle before nap & bedtime. Although we're going to start working on eliminating the bottle all together. (I'm having a tough time with this....I can't believe it's already that time. He's getting so big!)
  • He LOVES light switches and feeding bones to Bella & Daytona. (of course, through the screen door.)
  • Tyler loves watermelon, chicken, mashed potatoes, eggs, string cheese, beans and his new favorite...ice cream sandwiches!
  • Tyler wants to be outside ALL of the time! He's definitely an outdoors little kiddo!
  • He's my little buddy and still likes to run errands with me. (As if he has a choice! ha!) He still likes sitting in his little shopping cart cover at Target and the grocery store.
  • He loves finding little hideouts, inside and outside. Inside, he hides in his room, in a corner tucked away, and outside he hides in the bushes.
  • Trash trucks fascinate him- although there's still a little bit of fear when he sees one. He likes to look out the front window and watch the trucks go by on trash day.
  • When reading books, Tyler can point to a cow, pig, goat, sheep, horse, duck and chicken. He also can point to his belly button, nose, ears, eyes, hair, mouth, foot and hand.
  • Tyler LOOOVES lotion. When I'm putting lotion on me, he always wants a little dollop of lotion. I squirt some on him and he laughs and rubs it in. So cute!






15 months! wow!

1 comments:

sltrimble said...

Oh Little Tyler, you are getting to be sooooo big!!! You are truly a very happy boy! Very busy, happy boy! It is so fun seeing you grow and learn new things....
Grammie and Papa love you so much!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs