We've been home for a couple of weeks now, but I'm juuuust now getting to posting Tyler's first trip to Lake Mohave. This computer is actually cooperating with me right now, so we'll see how far I get on this post! ;-)
Day 1
LOOOONG drive... yuck. Between towing the boat and Sam being paranoid about going 3 MPH over the speed limit, it took us 7 hours to get there. Here's how Tyler stayed occupied for the long drive...
He snuck in a little nap...
He had a fashion show with Mommy's sunglasses...
He read his favorite books...
Got some important phone calls out of the way...
Grabbed a snack...
...and last but definitely not least, he inspected his foot!
After dinner at the brewery, we took a stroll on the river walk...
The boys got to see the raccoons & skunks down by the river. Nice, huh?

Thomas, Grandma Kitty & Tyler
Day 2
Tyler loved playing in the water, for the most part. He got a bit crabby after a while.
He liked it MUCH better up on shore, with the dirt & rocks.
Until he got to ride on the wave runner. He LOVED it! He started crying when Sam took him off and was signing "more".
Snack time!
Those important phone calls again...
Tyler hung out on the big tube while it was tied up. Rachel & I took Thomas & Tyler on the tube, but I didn't get pics on my camera. I'll post those once I get them! It was so fun!
How cute is this?! They boys were checking out the fish in the koi pond.
My happy little diner at Joe's Crab Shack...
Day 3
Taking a snooze on the way out to our cove...
Mommy teaching Tyler how to make motorboat sounds
While waiting to leave for dinner, Tyler found a hideout in the hotel room.
Day 4
Once again, Tyler's favorite part of going to the lake...
Tyler & Thomas playing- I think they were throwing food in the water to attract fish.
Auntie Rachel & Tyler
Captain Tyler taking his job VERY seriously...
Day 5- The long drive home
The last nights' dinner turned out the be a nightmare. We apparently got the world's worst waitress and anything that could have gone bad at dinner, DID (except no food or drinks spilling!). Seriously- horrible dining experience. I felt muuuuch better after calling the manager later to vent. ;-) So, of course.... to top off our trip, on the way home, one of the tires on the truck blew out (great, huh?!?) and we found this church parking lot to wait for AAA to come bring a part that Sam needed to change the tire. (Shocking, I know...Sam actually didn't have the part!!) Turns out the AAA guy didn't even have that part, so we had to carefully drive to find an auto parts store so Sam could buy the part to fix the tire. Turned out to be no big deal, but just more time to add to our long drive home.
There was lots of room for Tyler to run around while we waited...
Tyler had a blast on the lake! We've taken him on the boat before, but this was his first time on the wave runner and his first time really getting to splash around in the lake. We're hoping to get back out there soon (with a nice waitress and new tires!!). :-)

2 comments:
love the pictures......
looks like Tyler enjoyed his first trip out!!!
It looks like a great trip! I'm happy Tyler was such a doll on the car ride; although I'm not surprised, he seems so well behaved. There's nothing like being stuck with and unhappy toddler in the car.
Post a Comment