It's so amazing that this little baby boy has been the center of our whole world for a full year already! Time flies way too fast! I'm so thankful to be able to spend most of the hours of each day with him. I'm so grateful that I've been able to see Tyler reach every milestone- right in front of me! I love that I can catch fun moments on camera or video to share with Sam. He loves being able to see it! Boy oh boy...this little guy is the love of our lives!
Tyler had a great 12 month well check! Everything looks great with him and he's growing pretty well! He still has an ear infection in his right ear, so now he's on his 3rd antibiotic. We're hoping this will take care of it. We started Tyler on whole milk by giving him 1/2 formula and 1/2 milk. He's taken it so well, so far! He's only getting a bottle now at naps and bedtime. He gets a sippy cup of milk with every meal, snack and throughout the day. Since Dr. S said he can have any food now, we gave him scrambled eggs this morning...we'll see how it goes tomorrow. He took a few bites, then that was it! Tyler's going to stay on his Prevacid until summer- at his 15 month appointment, we'll most likely decide to take him off of it.
12 month stats:
Height- 31.5 inches 90-95%
Weight- 22 lbs 14 oz- 50%
Dr. S said she isn't concerned now about his weight, but she wants him to gain weight by his 15 month appointment. His weight is declining on the chart, and has been the last couple of appointments. He's getting longer, but not putting on as much weight as she'd like to see.
Here are some fun facts about Tyler at 12 months!! 1 year!!
- Says Mama, Dada & baba (a few times we've heard this)
- Knows the sign for "more". He doesn't need a prompt- does it all on his own!
- Tyler's almost running now- he's walking so fast!
- He can open the bedroom & bathroom doors! This keeps me on my toes!
- Tyler's favorite thing to do is play & explore outside. He loves it!
- He loves to play in water, with the hose. Total water baby!
- Books are a favorite!
- Bedtime is about 7:30. Most nights he wakes up once. Then sleeps until about 6 or 6:30am.
- He takes 2 naps per day- about 9am and 1pm. Each nap lasts 45min to an hour!
- Tyler sits forward in his car seat now (I'll post pictures) and he LOVES it!
- I think he's the most lovey dovey baby I've ever known. He is constantly giving me hugs. Several times a day...it's the best and I live for those hugs!! He loves his Mama!
- Tyler's favorite foods are zucchini, beans, cheese, watermelon, pasta, cantaloupe and applesauce.
- He's wearing size 3 diapers and mostly 18 month clothes. Some 12-18 month clothes still fit though.
- He has seven teeth- 4 on top, 3 on bottom.
- Knows where his nose is, or anyone elses nose is if you ask him.
- He's the best baby ever! ;-)
1 comments:
Dear Tyler,
Well, one year has gone by in such a flash of time.
It seems like yesterday that your mom and I were at Dr. D's office and he said "I see his foot, you will be having your baby today"...so exciting and scary at the same time. Mommie could not dial Daddy's number fast enough...and then he didn't believe it....heheheh Tyler, time has gone by so fast. You are so precious!! Every minute spent with you has been an absolute joy. Being Grammie & Papa to you and your cousins is so wonderful...I can't even express it in words great enough!!
Tyler, watching you and hearing Mommie explain how you are doing just melts my heart!!
It breaks my heart when you have an ear infection or a boo boo. You have been a trouper with all the ups and downs of your reflux. Taking your medicine so good for mommie!! We are so proud of you, your Mommie and Daddy!!
Your 2nd year has started and we are looking forward to spending lots of special times with you....we have so much to explore and share with you!!!
All our love, Grammie and Papa!!!!
Happy 1st Birthday sweetheart!
Post a Comment