Unfortunately, Tyler's bedtime habits have gotten out of hand! The last two weeks, it seems it's gotten much harder to get him to sleep. Most nights it takes me at least 45 minutes to get Tyler to fall asleep. At that point, I lose my patience and have Sam come take over, which then usually takes another 20-30 minutes for him to do the trick.
Here's what happens: I take Tyler in to his room and give him his bottle and rock him. He then lays there in my arms for a while, starts to poke my eyes, pull my hair, hit my chest, kick his legs, etc. Sometimes he points to his crib- so I lay him in there, thinking that's what he wants...nope! He just starts crying. So, I pick him back up, try the whole rocking thing...and it starts all over.
I'm not sure what to do. It's so darn frustrating and I'm waiting for Super Nanny to come knock on my door! I know she wants to help us ;-)
I
3 comments:
Oh Honey, this too shall pass!!!
Have patience during this hard time. You are tired, Sam is tired....and Tyler is tired....
Just keep up with the bed time routine...read Good Nite Moon book maybe twice....real slow....then the rocking....That worked after a while with your sisters....of course, you were out before I could say good night to you!!! heheheh
Hang in there....and enjoy these special moments...they will be gone so darn fast!!!
Love you...Mom
That's super frustrating. Devon goes through stages like that. I usually let her cry for like 8 minutes (because that's all I can handle before I feel too terrible). If she's still crying and upset I'll go in there and get her calmed down. Then I'll leave again and let her cry for another 8 minutes. I'm not gonna lie, it doesn't always work but sometimes it does. Good luck, and your mom is right, this too shall pass (but then it will come back again in a few months, just for a bit).
Hmm, is he getting teeth? Does he take a paci? Sometimes Addie is cranky when she is overly tired. I just keep going in and laying her down (she usually just whines) and giving her the paci. I also rub her back and say "night night, time for bed" and say that every night, so now she knows when I say that she needs to lay down.. of course sometimes it just makes her mad. lol. Good luck!
Post a Comment