Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One word....Colic

Yuck! Colic is no friend of mine. Or Sam. Or Tyler.

At Tyler's 1 month pediatrician appointment, I asked Dr. S if maybe he has colic because he's been fussy & gassy...although at that point it wasn't a particular time of day...just random times throughout the day. She said it was probably just gas and suggested we try the Mylicon drops.

Well, it's been a week now of screaming & crying for anywhere from 2-4 1/2 hours every single night. It usually starts up around 8pm and goes from there. It's horrible and so sad to see our little guy so miserable. Sam has been so wonderful in helping me deal with the stress of colic..we switch off comforting him to give each other breaks.

If I HAD to say one good thing about colic...once he screams for so long, he is beyond exhausted so he sleeps for 4-5 hours. I like that...but I'd rather see him happy! :-)

I read in The Baby Book that the general guideline to diagnose colic is 3 hours of crying, 3 days per week, for 3 consecutive weeks. So far, we've met the 3 hours of crying...and we're now at 7 nights a week. We'll see if we make the last little rule of 3 consecutive weeks. Gosh that seems like forever! I can't wait for this colic to disappear!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs