Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sam's first Father's Day!

We had such a great day! Before I get into details of our fun day, I just want to say how lucky Tyler is to have Sam for his Daddy. There's nothing better than seeing a man love his son- the two of them just melt my heart! Sam is such a great Daddy and I know it's only going to get better! :-)

Our day started out with me attempting to make breakfast- I didn't realize how difficult it would be to make breakfast burritos while watching Tyler at the same time (I was letting Sam sleep in!). I guess they turned out ok- Sam ate them!

Sam opened his cards with Tyler:


We headed up to LA to the cemetery where Sam's dad is. We go every year on Father's Day, so this year was special to have Tyler there with his Grandpa Paul.

Then we headed to Redondo Beach to walk around and enjoy the sunshine! There's a pier that we walked around and did some great people watching..it was pretty interesting. Tyler slept the entire time!

We then headed down PCH on our way home and stopped at our favorite Mexican food place in Huntington Beach for dinner. After a yummy meal, we headed home to relax with Tyler. We took our 1st family Father's Day picture and then gave Tyler a bath.

Mommy & Tyler after bath time:


There's one more thing to add to Sam's Father's Day...Sam looooves Basking Robbins ice cream cakes...so I surprised him with one, but we didn't get to enjoy that tonight. Poor Tyler had horrible gas for 2 hours tonight so we were tending to our little guy. We're going to attempt the ice cream cake tomorrow night!

We had such a fun day and I know Sam loved every minute of his 1st Father's Day! He has a lifetime of more to come! :-)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs