Sunday, January 16, 2011

18 weeks!

I'm 18 weeks pregnant today!

Every Sunday I get an email with baby updates and I had to do a double take when it said "Your baby at 18 weeks". I can't believe how fast time is flyin' by!

I have been horrible at keeping any kind of 'record' of this pregnancy. With Tyler, I put everything on this blog so I'd always have it noted. This pregnancy, not so much. I'm lucky if I remember the date we found out we were pregnant again!

One thing I do want to do is compare the things that have been the same & different between the two pregnancies...so far. This is just for my own memory, so you can just ignore this part! :-)

Same:
- Cerclage (but that's an obvious one!). With Tyler, at 19 1/2 weeks, as an emergency. With twins, at 14 weeks as a preventative.
- No cravings. With both pregnancies I haven't really craved anything specific. I have more aversions than anything. Chicken (mostly just cooking it myself) has been the big aversion with both. Yuck!
- Heartburn. Ew. Tums are once again in my back pocket at all times.

Different:
- Nausea. With Tyler, I never had it. With these little girls, I had a rough time in the 1st trimester and a tiny bit in to the 2nd trimester.
- Movement. I felt Tyler move between 16-17 weeks- the first flutters. This time, I thought I felt them movin', but I'm second guessing myself now. It's been at least a couple of weeks since I thought I felt movement, so I'm guessing it wasn't them. Still waiting!!
- Water. With Tyler, I drank water like it was going out of style! This time around, plain water makes me sick. I have to add something to it, lemon & sweetener, crystal light...something!

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll add to this list as I come up with new things!

We have our big twin anatomy ultrasound scheduled for Monday the 24th! woohoo! We're praying for two perfectly healthy little baby girls! :-)
I had Sam take these belly pictures today. I'm huge already. yikes!

Not sure if I've mentioned before that we have the names picked out!! So excited!! I adore them both but we're waiting to share until they're born. They only clue we're giving is that they aren't matchy-matchy twin names...so they won't be Hailey & Bailey or Marilyn & Carolyn! ha!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs