Monday, January 31, 2011

20 weeks!

Woohoo! I'm 20 weeks along!


I have a couple of updates. First, we had our big ultrasound last week and everything went great. Well, mostly great. The ultrasound tech was explaining everything to us as she was going along, telling us everything she was measuring and she said everything looked great and normal. She said Dr. A would be in shortly to go over everything. Just a couple of minutes later, he came in and greeted us (with his thick Jamaican accent), "Hello Mr. & Mrs. Kaufman..how are you doing?" I about fell off the table when the first thing he asked me was if I had the Down Syndrome screening test done with this pregnancy? I told him no- we opted not to do that- he asked how old I was. That was it. I was in such shock that I didn't ask why he was mentioning the DS test. He then started to do the u/s himself, looking at the babies hearts and trying to get a shot of Baby B's face. She wasn't very cooperative so they couldn't get a particular angle of her heart they needed and they couldn't get a shot of her face because her little hands were up to her face. He explained that they need to be able to rule out cleft lip on her face and just double check her heart. He said he saw the 4 chambers of her heart and it looks great, but he can't consider the u/s complete until he gets that other angle. When I go back next Monday, they'll get those last couple of shots. As far as the mention of DS..I have no clue. What I'm guessing is that because the DS screening also screens for other abnormalities, maybe he could've ruled out cleft lip if my DS screening came back normal? We're just hoping & praying that everything will be fine, as I'm sure it will be. I figured if there's a high enough suspicion on Dr. A's part, he would've told us that. We'll find out next week!


Some other fun little updates:
-I've gained 7 pounds so far.
-My cervix is holding strong around 6cm. Dr. D even chuckled and said he's never seen a cervix that long. Who would've thought this for me?!?!
-Dr. D sent me for another blood test. This was for Hemoglobin A1C- I think it determines the likelihood of diabetes..not sure. If this comes back abnormal then I have to take a 2 hour glucose test. yuck! I should find out this week.
-Baby girls are measuring right on track- within 1 day of their gestational age.
-I'm convinced that the last few days these girls have had either soccer or karate tournaments inside my tummy. I can feel them both move- one kicking on one side, the other on the opposite. What a crazy feeling! I love it though :-)
-Cravings- still not really cravings, but I'm loving sweets. No bueno!
-Sleeping is starting to be a pain. I can't get comfortable and I'm up probably 3 times a night to go pee. Not fun!

I think that's it for now!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs