This morning I had my two appointments and I'm so happy with how they went.
Dr. D was first- STILL NO BED REST!!! Yay! He's going to wait 2 more weeks to start the ffn tests (29 weeks). He said he's "really excited about this pregnancy!". He's so funny. I'm guessing because it's twins and because this pregnancy is going so much better than my last. He's the best! The heartbeats were great and he said I'm measuring fine. I gained 7 more pounds...holy moly!!! But, he said it's still a little under what I should've gained overall by now...I'm up 20 pounds and for twins, I should be up at least 30. He wasn't worried though. He mentioned the steroid shots for the babies' lungs- he wanted me to ask Dr. A & Dr. H about this..if they recommend it for me this time around. He said he thinks I'll make it to full term, no problem! I really hope so!!
Dr. H was next- I just love Dr. Haydon. Not sure where Dr. A was today, but it's nice to see Dr. H, too. He's so sincere and personable and really handsome! :-) Anyways, my cervix is still great- although I didn't get a measurement on that. Baby A is about 2.5 pounds and Baby B is about 2.8 pounds- they're both between the 44-50 percentile. Crazy! He said both babies are looking perfect and here's the really good news...he only wants one more cervical check and one more growth ultrasound- then I'll be done seeing them. I go back in 2 weeks for the next cervical and then 2 weeks after that for the growth. He said he just wants to get me past the "hump" and then I'll be good to go! I asked him about the steroid shots for the lungs and he said at this point- no. If something with my cervix changes in the next couple of weeks, then we'll talk about it. But, for now, he doesn't think I'll go into pre-term labor and he doesn't see a reason for giving the shots. Woohoo!
It's so crazy how different my pregnancies have been. I'm feeling so much better this time around and I love being able to be up & about! I know bed rest is still likely at some point, but hopefully I can avoid it a few more weeks! :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment