Thursday, April 9, 2009

31 weeks, 4 days

I'm almost 32 weeks! It's just another milestone and Dr. D says we can "breathe a little easier" when we get there. I think I'll get to 34 weeks quicker than I think..time's still flying by!

My fetal fibronectin test on Monday came back inconclusive- I'll be back at Dr. D's on Monday, so he'll repeat the test then.

I've been following the diabetes diet plan they gave me and it's gotten easier. My numbers have come down a bit since Dr. D upped my medication. I reeeeeally hope they stay down so I can avoid insulin. I'll find out Monday, at Dr. A & Dr. H's appointment if my numbers are good enough to continue without insulin. I think once I start swimming they'll come down, too. Hopefully I can start in the next couple of days.

Symptoms: I've been feeling SO much better, but I've been exhausted. I'm making myself take a nap today- no matter what. I need to catch up on my sleep! I have to wake up at midnight and 4am to take my Procardia every morning and that's taking a toll on me. I'll live though!

At my appointment on Monday, I lost 1 pound, just since the previous Thursday. So, I've gained 14 pounds total now. Our little guy is still growing wonderfully!

My heartburn hasn't been as bad the last week, since I've been on the diabetes diet. I've only had to take a couple of Tums. It's been really nice!

Baby K: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs