Thursday, April 16, 2009

32 weeks, 4 days (and good news!)

Our good news is that the fetal fibronectin test from this past Monday came back negative! woohoo! I'm a little late in posting this good news- I've been sooo tired this week. So, it looks like we're in the clear for another 2 weeks! I'm thinking we'll make it to 36 weeks! :-)


On to 32 week business...

I'm really scared that Dr. H is going to put me on insulin. :-( I have to email him my glucose numbers from this week and although most of them have been in the OK range, there are still a few that are higher than they should be. If he wants me to start insulin, then I have to go Monday at noon to learn how to do the insulin shots. yuck. I should hear back from Dr. H this weekend with an answer.

I think we've gotten used to the gestational diabetes diet around here. Sam & my Mom have the hang of measuring everything and we've branched out to try other combinations so I don't get sick of string cheese & 12 reduced fat wheat thins for snack! It's a lot more complicated than we originally thought, but my Mom is just the BEST! She's got it down! Sam & I are just so lucky to have her here with us. :-)

Symptoms: Exhaustion! I've been so darn tired this past week- it's crazy. I think it's a combo of nearing the end of my pregnancy, swimming and complete lack of sleep. I can't get a good night's sleep because I'm up every hour or two to go pee, to take medication or just from being uncomfortable. I try to nap as much as I can during the day, but that usually doesn't work out too well. It's inevitable that the phone rings, the dogs bark or there are some really annoying sounds from outside (trash truck, UPS truck, really loud birds right out my window, etc) that keep me from staying asleep for too long.

Little June Bug has slowed down a little bit on the kicking which I don't like. I can still feel him, but his schedule has changed, too. He usually moves around a lot in the morning and late at night- like 11 or midnight. During the day, he's usually pretty mellow- just a couple of kicks here or there. I think he's running out of room in there!

Baby K: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

We're getting more & more excited to meet our little guy. I'm so proud that we've made it this far and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I can already say that all of the craziness we've been through the last 3+ months has been worth it. Every second of it. :-)

1 comments:

sltrimble said...

Dear Lil June Bug,
Wow how time has been flying by!! You are 33 weeks tummy age tomorrow!! heheheh
Been very busy lately with Mommies menu. Sure is confusing and a challenge. It is not your fault or your Mommies fault that this GD has taken a seat in your (our) lives. We are really trying to keep it all straight and keeping you and Mommie healthy.

I just have one thing to say....YOU ARE SO PRECIOUS!!! When Mommie and I were in to see Dr. H on Monday and of course we were excited to see you in the ultrasound...well, I was not prepared to see you straight on!! Oh my gosh.....From the side you are totally your daddy and straight on you are your Mommie. Lil' June Bug...I just couldn't hold back the tears, If I could have I would have really let go and cried...you are beautiful and have the cutiest face. I know you will probably change more before you are born. We got to see your hair. Oh my gosh....
I told Papa, he is going to cry when he sees you for the first time!! Well, that goes without saying. If you are human and have a heart you will cry, but it will be very special day when you are born.

Your cousins Noah and Ethan are really excited to see you too!!! Ethan rubbed Mommies tummy the other day. The cutest thing ever!!
Noah just looks and says "Auntie Karen, did you have the baby yet?".
Thomas is extied too!!

There will be so much excitement when you are born. We all will try to give Mommie and Daddy their quiet time with you for the first week or so that you are home. Special bonding time is very important!!
Oops, I had more than one thing to say!! Funny how that works!

Hope Daddy has fun at the Long Beach Grand Prix tomorrow....Mommies B-Day gift to him.
I'll see you in the morning.
Kick, Kick, Kick then rest up.
Mommie needs rest right now!!
All my love, Grammie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs