Just a few more days to go until we hit the big 34 week milestone! I can't even explain what a relief it is to have made it this far. It's such a a great feeling!
The insulin is going ok. It's definitely not my favorite thing, but I know it's helping our little guy, so it's worth it. My numbers have been ok- but the nurse said it usually takes a couple of days for things to really start working. I'm not sure if Dr. H will want to up my insulin a little bit. I should know by the weekend.
Our next appointments are on Monday the 27th- first with Dr. D and then we'll go see Dr. H. I'm expecting another fetal fibronectin test with Dr. D and we'll get to see June Bug again in the growth ultrasound with Dr. H. I'm excited to see how big our little guy is!
It may be wishful thinking, but I'm really hoping Dr. H will lift some bedrest restrictions for me on Monday. A while back, he said once I get to 34 weeks, they'll probably let me move around more. Boy, I'm hoping so!!
Symptoms: Everything's been pretty much the same! I'm still crazy tired all of the time and I feel like all the energy (what little I've had) has been sucked out of me.
Baby K's schedule has totally changed now. He moves around and kicks at different times of the day and night. When I wake up at midnight and 4am to take my Procardia, he starts kicking. I think the cold water wakes him up..poor thing. It takes a while for him to mellow out again- I love just laying here feeling him kick. Oh, and I'm pretty sure he's still breech- he kicks me reeeeeally low. I guess we'll find out on Monday!
Baby K: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
Our sweet little Baby K...keep on growing in my tummy! Just a few short weeks until we get to meet you and give you lots of kisses. Mommy & Daddy love you so much!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
33 weeks, 3 days
Posted by
KK
at
5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment