We made it to another week- and we had 2 doctor appointments today. First, we saw Dr. D. Good news- Baby K's still measuring perfectly, I lost 1 pound (I'm up 14 lbs total now), and Dr. D is still really hopeful he can get me to 36-37 weeks. Bad news- Dr. D wasn't happy with my blood sugar numbers so he quadrulped my diabetic medication, with hopes it will work and I won't have to go on insulin. Ohh, please let this stuff work! He's going to give it one week and if my numbers aren't lower by next Monday, he's going to have me talk with Dr. A & Dr. H about getting on insulin.
Dr. D also did another fetal fibronectin today and we're still waiting for the results. We may not hear until tomorrow. We're hoping for a negative! Dr. D said he plans to do this test every week. But, I think only until 34 weeks.
My appointment with Dr. H was next. My cervix, again, measured the same as it has been the last few weeks. I'll take it! He said he's glad the cerclage is where it's at and he thinks at this point if it hasn't weakened, the chances are low that it will before 36ish weeks. With Baby K having some meat on his bones, he's constantly putting pressure on my cervix and Dr. H thinks my cervix & cerclage would've shown this by now if it was going to be affected by Baby K's weight.
Here's some exciting news...I can go swimming!! I thought maybe they were kidding when they said I could swim, but they're serious! I'm allowed to go swimming every day- but just mellow activity in the pool- like treading water. Dr. D & Dr. H both said it's crucial to get some sort of activity with gestational diabetes, but with being on bedrest, obviously I'm so limited. Since being in the water takes all the pressure off my cervix, they highly recommend me doing this. I'm excited! :-)
I have an appointment next week again with Dr. A & Dr. H for a cervix check and then after that, my last appointment with them will be at 34 weeks, just for a growth ultrasound. We'll get one more measurement of Baby K before he's born! I can't even explain how thankful we are that we've made it this far...just a few more weeks to go!
We're so excited to meet this precious little muffin! I can't wait to kiss his little cheeks and give him so much love! :-)
Monday, April 6, 2009
Today's appointments
Posted by
KK
at
5:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment