Monday, November 16, 2009

Babies Don't Keep...

It's really hard for me to believe Tyler's going to be 6 months old in a couple of days and if I think about it too much, it really tugs at my heart. I'm sure I sound like a broken record saying that, but I don't know how else to describe it! I totally get how those crazy mothers can have a son become a grown man and still baby them as if they're a child..I get that! I understand why mothers have a hard time letting go when their son gets married and has a baby of their own..because that's her baby. Even though I want Tyler to be my little baby forever, I know he has to grow into his own person and I accept that. I'm going to do all I can to not be that Mom who can't let go of her son.

I came across this great little verse from a poem on a baby website I visit every once in a while and it hit me like a ton of bricks! As a couple of tears welled up in my eyes, I realized just how fast my little baby is growing...right before my eyes.

The cleaning & scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

So, last night as I was putting Tyler to bed, I took a long extra while to rock him, knowing there was laundry to be folded and dishes to be washed. None of those things mattered as I rocked him and stared at his perfect little face. I know in just a short time, Tyler's going to be up and running...and cuddling with Mom is the last thing he'll want to do, so I'm soaking up all of the rocking & cuddling I can get.

I love you, my sweet little Baby Tyler!

2 comments:

Grammie said...

Karen.....
Beautiful !!!!
Do you remember that Ruth Fernsler from Sargento Cheese made a needlepoint for you and Kristen when you were babies....It read the same poem....
While rocking you I would think the same thing.
I am so glad to see you thinking that way because....time goes by too darn fast!
I love you, Mom

Kristen said...

MOM! That's exactly what I was thinking about! I think I still have it in the garage somewhere.. or maybe not. hmm

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs