Monday, December 6, 2010

1st Time Out

You may know that I think we're entering the dreaded terrible two's territory these days. Tyler has been Mr. Defiant and shakes his head NO at everything I say.

The other day, he got his very first time out and I don't think he cared. Not. One. Bit.


I think he's too young to get it, but I'm going to keep at it. It works for Super Nanny! :-)

3 comments:

The Wheeler Family said...

That is too funny! Ethan threw the biggest fit last night. I told him I was going to put him in time out if he didn't behave. Then I asked, "Do you want to go in time out?" He shook his head Yes. It was too cute; I had to laugh.

Stefanie said...

I know! It is so frustrating that the time out is just so ineffective right now but I agree, just keep at it. I put Devon on a stool facing the blank wall and she just could care less.

I was reading in a magazine that one of the reasons kids say no so much is that we say it to them a lot. It suggested wording things more like "Please sit on your bottom" rather than "No, stop jumping on the couch". Worth a shot I suppose!

Grammie said...

CUTE!!! He see's his cousins get time out, so I'll bet he loves it..hahahahah
Kathy....cute!!!
Stefanie....good idea...anything is worth trying at least once...right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs