On Monday, November 1, we got the most shocking news....we're having TWINS!! This was the absolute LAST thing on my mind with the pregnancy and I never ever would've imagined that we'd have twins, however, we're thrilled.
Dr. D sent me for a routine ultrasound and here's how it went...
Sam, Tyler and I headed to the Hoag Medical Offices in HB. After a short wait, we were called back the to u/s room. I laid there and the tech started the u/s. I was looking at the screen and noticed some dark spots on the screen. Twins didn't even cross my mind...I was just thinking that it had been a while since I saw an u/s screen and I didn't know what I was looking at. I remember the tech kept looking at me, almost with a "Are you catching on to whats on the screen, or what?!?!" look.
I kept looking between the screen and Tyler at the foot of the bed I was laying on. Something told me to ask the tech what the two black spots were. She giggled and said, "Do you have twins anywhere in your family?" My immediate reaction: "Oh my God. Are you kidding me?" I remember looking at Sam and as he was keeping Tyler occupied, he was shaking his head in disbelief & shock. We couldn't believe it. (Nope- no twins in our family!!)
At that point, the tech only saw one heartbeat, so she wanted to check to see if there was a baby in the other sac. After she found the other heartbeat, she tapped my leg and said, "Yep, it's twins! Here are the 2 heartbeats." They were so cute...two tiny little flickers, side by side! The tech then told me that she had a funny feeling when she called us back. She said her immediate impression of me was that I looked like a mom of twins! Weird huh?!?
We got in the car to head home and I got on the phone with my Mom, asked her if she was sitting down and then I started crying. She was in shock, too! She kept saying, "Are you SERIOUS?!?!?"
It's been over a month since we found out about our TWO little babies, and the shock is starting to wear off. Although, when I look at the u/s pictures, it's still shocking to see my name on there! What a crazy, fun, exciting, SCARY ride we're about to go on!!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Twins!!
Posted by
KK
at
7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Karen, Sam & Tyler, you are about to be blessed with two beautiful babies.
Papa and I are beyond excited to share this experience with all of you. We will be by your sides all the way!!!
Can't wait to find out what they will be....I say.....2 boys...heheh Sorry!! I just have that feeling!
We just pray every day they are healthy babies...that is all that matters!!!!
This will be a fun time for all!!!
Tyler and these babies are so darn lucky to have you two as parents!!!
All our love....Grammie and Papa
oh my gosh karen... congrats!!! I have a few friends with twins and you are in for a treat! They will be a lot of work, but so much fun! Cant wait to hear what they will be. You could end up in a house full of boys!
Wow!!!!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to read more on your new adventure!
That is so cool! Congratulations! :)
Oh my goodness! I didn't even know you were pregnant!! Congratulations! And TWINS?! OH twice the blessing!!! So happy for you guys :)
Post a Comment