Tonight was very bittersweet for me. Sam and I decided it's time for our sweet Tyler to learn how to fall asleep on his own and tomorrow night we're going to start Tyler on sleep learning.
I ordered a book, Sleepeasy Solution and it seems like a really great plan to get Tyler to fall asleep on his own, sleep through the night and get on a consistent nap schedule.
Here's where the bittersweet comes in....tonight was the last night for Tyler to sleep in the co-sleeper right next to me, the last time for me to rock & sing Tyler to sleep, (sniff sniff) and the last time he'll be swaddled. My little sunshine is getting so big so fast and it's hard to take it all in! As I rocked him tonight, tears rolled down my cheeks and I had the hardest time telling myself to get up and swaddle him once he fell asleep. I wanted to hold him all night in the rocking chair. He's so peaceful after I sing to him and rock him and I just love it.
I'm excited to have Tyler on a more consistent routine, but I'm dreading the process of him learning it- the crying. My Mom is going to stay with us tomorrow night, so that will be wonderful to have her here the first night of Tyler crying it out.
I'm going to go wipe my tears away and go lay in bed next to my sweet little Tyler. Goodnight!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Bittersweet
Posted by
KK
at
10:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment