Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Can't believe it...

I know almost every other post I say, "I can't believe how much Tyler's growing..." or something along those lines. However, this isn't one of those happy posts. I can't believe that we're actually letting our little baby cry it out to fall asleep.

We've had such a hard time with Tyler's sleeping- getting him to fall asleep and getting him to sleep through the night- that we've just had to resort to this option. I feel horrible and it's THE.HARDEST.THING.TO.DO......EVER. Bed rest for 17 weeks- no problem! Poking yourself in the tummy 4 times a day with insulin while pregnant...no problem! Seeing your newborn get pricked in the toe numerous time to check jaundice...no problem! Hearing your precious baby scream & cry uncontrollably for 30 minutes straight while trying to ignore it...SUCKS.

On Easter night, we had a heck of a time trying to get Tyler to sleep and we decided on a whim to try to see if crying it out would work. Sunday night, Tyler cried for 30 minutes before falling asleep. For his naps on Monday, he cried for 17 minutes, then 20 minutes. Monday night, Tyler cried for 26 minutes, and tonight, only 13 minutes.

It's definitely working so far, but jeez Louise, I can't explain how horrible it is to sit back and ignore your son while he's so upset. I know it's for the better in the long run..I keep telling myself that.

Here's a smiling, happy little baby to take my mind off the sad, screaming baby...

Precious :-)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs