Monday, December 8, 2008

14 weeks, 1 day

I'm playing hooky today! :-) Work has been getting to me and I've decided another long weekend would be nice right about now! I don't have anything planned for the day, except to relax and watch Oprah :-) I tried to get Sam to play hooky too, but that didn't go over so well. He NEVER calls in sick. So, it's just me and the dogs today!

I can't wait for my next doctor's appointment, next Wednesday, 12/17. I'm expecting Dr. D to tell me when to schedule our big ultrasound, which I just cannot wait for. Eric, Rachel & Thomas stopped by last night and I was telling Rachel that it's killing me not knowing what is growing in there- a boy or a girl. If we were getting one of the 4D ultrasounds, we could probably find out- but I'll just have to be patient. We decided against getting a 4D ultrasound- it's crazy how much detail of the baby's face it shows- we want to wait until the baby's born to see what he/she looks like.

Symptoms: One word this week: irritability. Oh my goodness- I'm not sure what's happened over the last week, but let me tell you- I've been SO irritable. The littlest things totally bug me and I've been really impatient. I reeeeaaally hope this passes quick. I've read in my pregnancy books that this is normal, but I don't like it. At all.
Other than that horrible symptom, I've felt really good, physically. I've been feeling the round ligament pains off and on, but nothing like they were when I first experienced them. Thank goodness!

Baby K: This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs