Monday, December 29, 2008

17 weeks, 1 day

We made it through Christmas!! We spent Christmas Eve with Sam's family and then we had most of Christmas Day to ourselves, until dinner with Sam's family and then dessert with the Schecks'. Sam & I just relaxed most of Christmas Day- we cherished our last Christmas Day as just the two of us. We were talking about how crazy it is to think that next Christmas, we'll have a little 6 month old baby to tote around with us. We can't wait! :-)

The rest of the weekend, we just got stuff done around the house and prepared for our camping trip. We're leaving tomorrow night and we're so excited to get out there!! The motorhome is packed and ready to go!

Symptoms: I thought I felt June Bug move, but now I don't think that's what it was. The quick movement was too big- from one side of my belly to the other. I don't think June Bug is big enough yet to make THAT big of a movement. So, I'll just keep wondering what every little gurgle is until I know for sure!

I've been feeling really good. I'm still getting tired off and on, and the irritability has gone away for the most part. (Work still irritated me-but that's supposed to happen, right?)

Brittany & Patrick came by the other night and we did the doppler so they could hear the heartbeat. It took a few minutes to find it, but we finally did and it was still going strong! It's so fun to see other people's reactions to the heartbeat. So cute!

I'm going to have Sam take a picture of my belly tonight to post. I can tell a big difference just in the last week or so. So crazy how fast my belly just popped out!

We're just waiting for our next appointment- January 7. We should get the results of the Quad Screen test and find out when to schedule our ultrasound. yay!

Baby K: Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs