It's another week- and just one day away from my next doctor's appointment. I'm really excited to go and see when we can schedule our next ultrasound. I'm really hoping Dr. D doesn't tell me to schedule it too far away- but because I'm so impatient, I have a backup plan if he does. Taeler told me that she knows of a place in Newport that you can go get an ultrasound for $25 to find out what the sex is. So, that just might be the plan, unless Dr. D will say I can schedule one soon. I'm just so excited to find out!
I'm going to check with Dr. D on Wednesday to make sure it's ok for me to use a doppler at home to hear the baby's heartbeat. I'm sure it will be ok since so many people use them, but they recommend you check with your doctor first. So, I'm going to play by the rules! ;-)
If he says it's ok, then I'll rent a doppler for a couple of months so that we can hear the heartbeat whenever we want to! I'll be able to record it and post it on this blog so you can hear it. Stay tuned!
Symptoms: I don't have a whole lot of new stuff to report this week. I've still been a bit irritable, but I think it's letting up a bit. I'm just trying really hard to ignore it. I was pretty exhausted this weekend, but the full day shopping excursion with Sherri on Saturday is what did me in, I'm sure! I was in bed that night by 7:30- out like a light!
I haven't been able to sleep well either. I read in my pregnancy books to avoid sleeping on my back from here on out, because it causes pressure and can cause a lack of blood flow to the baby. I've always slept on my stomach so it's hard getting used to only sleeping on my sides. I started using a body pillow which helps a lot!
Baby K: Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam.
I can't believe June Bug is the size of an apple already! Crazy! :-)
Monday, December 15, 2008
15 weeks, 2 days
Posted by
KK
at
1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment