Thursday, December 18, 2008

Woohoo!

According to Dr. D at my appointment yesterday, everything looks "perfect"! My uterus is growing "perfectly", the baby's heartbeat sounds "great" and all is going so well with my pregnancy! My blood pressure was normal yesterday and I only gained 1 pound in 4 weeks (woohoo!). My mom went with me to the appointment and as we were sitting in the waiting room, I told her I was so nervous to get on the scale because I'm sure I had gained about 12 pounds with Thanksgiving and holiday goodies- boy was I wrong!!

We got to hear the heartbeat, too! He found it right away and of course Mom & I cried! It was so strong and fast! So cute!! :-)

Dr. D went over some basic info- I'm almost 1/2 way done with the pregnancy, I probably will start feeling flutters around 20 weeks, and he'll let me go one week over my due date before induction- if I make it that far. It was kind of crazy to hear about delivery stuff already, but it's so exciting! I'm going in tomorrow for my Quad Screen bloodwork and then I go back for my next "tummy check" appointment on January 7. Dr. D said he does ultrasounds between 18-20 weeks, so I'm assuming I'll have it done soon after my Jan 7 appointment. I cannot wait for that!

I explained how impatient I am asked if I could go to the other ultrasound lab and pay the $25 and he said he'd rather I just be patient. :-( But, on the other hand, he said it's totally fine to get the doppler at home. I'm excited for that!

That pretty much sums up my appointment. It went great! :-)

My Mom & I went to Color Me Mine after the appointment and made the cutest cookie jar for her. We are both so indecisive and it took FOREVER to figure out what the heck we were doing.
We had a lot of fun & laughs though. I'll post a picture of the cookie jar once I pick it up next week.

That's all for now- hope everyone has a great weekend! :-)

2 comments:

Grammie said...

Dear Lil' June Bug,
I can truly say, "I heard you yesterday!" That was so exciting!
Seeing your Mommies face when we heard your heart beat was priceless! Yep, we both cried. I really held back, Dr. D. would have thought I was crazy!! Amazing feeling to see your baby going to have a baby!! Someday Lil' June bug we will talk about it!
One thing I really can't wait for is having you in my arms and looking at you to figure out whose nose and lips you have! Doesn't matter, just fun to do!
Making the cookie jar with your mommie yesterday, boy we laughed, we are way too much alike. We needed your creative Auntie's there to help! Finally, decided on what to put on the cutest cookie jar ever. Yep, you got it. We put cookies on it!!
When I was a little girl, at my Ma & Pa's house, there was a special cookie jar that hung in the kitchen. Uncle Jeff and I would always ask Ma or Pa if we could have a cookie. When we were old enough, we would very carefully take the lid off and reach in to get one cookie each. They were always Oreo Cookies. And they were the best!! After 50 years the cookie jar is still in one piece and your Mommie and Daddy have it in their kitchen to start a tradition with you....so be careful Lil' June Bug....It is precious just like you are!

You will have so much fun at Grammie and Papa's house with your very handsome cousins, Noah and Ethan.
There will always be fresh, yummy cookies in the jar for you all!!!

All my love, Grammie
Can't wait to hear your heart beet next month and find out if I will be buying Blue or Pink!!!
Doesn't matter to us. You are who you are and we will love you forever!! xoxoxo Papa says Hi!!

sandy said...

Karen I love following your posts, enjoyed reading about you and your Mom making the cookie jar!
Seems like it was just yesterday that you were a little girl, I'm so tickled that you are so happy and that your baby will be loved so much. Have a Merry Christmas and tell your family hello from your Auntie San

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs