Tuesday, January 6, 2009

18 weeks, 2 days

Happy New Year!!

I can't believe it's January already- time has gone by so darn fast!! We had a lot of fun camping. It was really nice & warm during the day, but at night- brrrrrr! Thank goodness for campfires & heaters! We ended up leaving a day early because I got sick with a yucky cough and sore throat. I didn't want to push it and be out in the cold any longer. I'm feeling better although the cough is still lingering. :-(

Symptoms: I've been feeling really great! Most of the time, I don't feel pregnant at all. Although my lower back has been starting to bother me- but mostly after sitting or when I wake up in the morning. I've still had some heartburn off and on- I'm starting to accept that this is most likely going to be a symptom I carry with me until June Bug is here. I can handle it as long as I have Tums around! Everything else is going great- can't complain!

I've been feeling little movements since I first felt the flutters. I hope they start getting stronger because right now I just think, "Was that something? I think I felt something!" I can't wait for Sam to be able to feel it. He's been asking me if I can feel it more- I don't want him to feel left out! :-)

We go back to Dr. D tomorrow morning and should get our results from the Quad Screen and we should find out when to schedule our ultrasound. I simply cannot wait to get in there to find out if Baby K is a sweet little girl or handsome little boy. It's killin' me!!

Baby K: Head to rump, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, although he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

How cute!! Baby K, I hope you flex your arms & legs for Mommy & Daddy when we see you at the next ultrasound! Stay strong & keep growing in there! We love you! :-)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs