Friday, January 23, 2009

20 weeks, 5 days

We've made it to the halfway mark!! We've just gotta keep this little guy baking a bit longer! I'm excited to go to the doctor on Monday- to see how everything's going with my cervix. I feel great and am so glad I haven't had any contractions or bleeding- which are the two main things the doctors wanted me to watch for.

I'm excited it's the weekend and Sam will be around the house! We don't have too much planned (obviously), but I'm excited for Saturday! Sam and the guys in the family are going to Monster Trucks and all the girls are coming over to my house to watch Miss America! Noah & Ethan are coming over and I'm soooo excited to see them. I haven't seen them since New Years and I'm having withdrawals. :-) It's so nice when you're stuck in bed all day to have something to look forward to!

Symptoms: Other than getting bored, I've been really good the last few days. I've caught up on sleep and the only thing I can complain about is heartburn. Since I'm just laying down, everything I eat gives me heartburn. I've been really lucky with Tums so far- I'm just going to make sure I don't run out!

I've been feeling June Bug more & more and stronger & stronger. I love it! I just lay here waiting to feel him and I can't wait until Sam will be able to feel him kick me. It's such a great feeling..I love knowing he's got lots of room to wiggle around and grow- he's doing so perfectly in there...all cozy!

Baby K: You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs