Wednesday, February 4, 2009

22 weeks, 3 days (and Dr. appt update)

I can't believe another week has passed! Time has been going by pretty fast (except the weekends)...I'm so thankful for that! I know there's lots of time left, but it gives me comfort knowing how fast it's flying by.


We had our "tummy check" appointment with Dr. D today. This was the first time we've seen him since I left the hospital. Mom & Sam came with me. Dr. D reassured us that he thinks everything is going to be fine and he told us how glad he was that we went to that ultrasound on the 14th. He said, "God was really on our side, wasn't he?" He's so great!

Anyways, everything is looking good still. He didn't check my cervix- he'll leave that to Dr. Haydon & Dr. Asrat. He said he'll send me to do the diabetic screening after my next appointment in March. I'll be 26 1/2 weeks at that point. Dr. D said he'd like to push me to 37-38 weeks before taking out the cerclage because since I have true cervical incompetence, he thinks I'll go into labor really soon after taking out the cerclage. So, he'd rather not remove it at 36 weeks, if he can push me to 37-38. Of course this is if I make it that far...I have faith I will! :-) I was kind of surprised, but I lost 3 pounds since my last appointment. I thought with being on bedrest and not getting any exercise at all, I would gain weight. Oh well.

Symptoms: The only real change this week is June Bug's kicking!! I just love it! (I can feel him moving around as I type this!!) He's getting stronger & stronger and it's the craziest feeling. Sam's felt some really good strong kicks and yesterday, Mom felt a pretty good kick. I just love this little guys so much already! :-)

Baby K:  At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs