Wednesday, February 11, 2009

23 weeks, 3 days

Phew- this week has been tough! We're getting through it thanks to our wonderful friends & family. We really are so blessed.


My sisters Brittany & Kristen sent out an email to a buuuunch of people asking for prayers for me & Baby K and people are so amazing! I've gotten so many emails from people (some I've never met) just letting me know that they're praying for us. It's been so comforting to get words of encouragement and it really helps cheer me up. I reeeally have tried to be positive through all of this, and the great emails keep me smiling! Someone sent me a You-Tube link with a funny Mad TV skit, I got a really sweet e-card from a family friend, and just lots of prayers! I can't even begin to tell you how comforting it's been.

Everyone's been asking what I've been doing to keep busy- I'll put together a post with a list of all the fun things I've been doing with my oodles of time! Check back in a couple of days!

Symptoms: Physically, I've been feeling great. I feel like I have so much energy- it's a bummer that I can't get up and burn the energy...but at least I'm feeling really good. I've had heartburn every night..I usually wake up around midnight to take a Tums. Yuck! 
Baby K has been kicking some more an moving lots! I just love laying here feeling him. He's such a cutie pie :-)

Baby K: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

Last week, I was laying on the couch and Baby K hadn't been moving too much. Our dog, Bella barked out of the blue and Baby K kicked so hard- I think it startled him. It was so cute!

I've been reading to June Bug since I know he can hear me now. I wait until he's moving around a lot so I know he can hear me- I have some Dr. Seuss books from Brittany that I read to him. It' so relaxing- I love it and I hope Baby K loves it, too!

Goodness, I just love this little guy so much! :-)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs