I feel like I say this in every post, but I can't believe another week's almost past. It's been another good week with lots of hope, resting & visitors!
Yesterday, my cousin Stephanie came to visit and she was so sweet and brought us chinese food for dinner. It was so yummy!
Today, I had special visitors- the Shewards. They lived next door to us on Paloma Drive and I've babysat Brett & Ashley for many years. I hadn't seen them in a while and it was SO good to see them! They were so nice and brought our first batch of hand-me-downs from when Brett was just a baby. I can't wait to see Baby K wearing them! :-)
Tomorrow, my friend Kathy from work is coming by with her little baby, Ethan. Two other friends from work might be swinging by too, while Kathy's here. I'm excited for Friday visitors!
I've been so lucky to have such good friends & family. Again, I feel like I've said it in other posts, but I can't say it enough-I'm so lucky!
Symptoms: There are a couple of new things to report from the last few days. First, I'm pretty sure I felt the baby hiccup. It was so cute once I figured out what it was- I haven't felt it again though. Also, I've had a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions. The first one, I was laying in bed and the second one I was in the doctor's office after seeing Dr. A on Tuesday. It's the weirdest feeling...but thank goodness no pain. I told Dr. A about it and he said don't worry unless I start to have 6-8 in one hour. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.
June Bug has been taking tumbling classes each night- usually around 8-9pm. Every once in a while I lay flat on my back for a few minutes just to stretch it out- I'm thinking he doesn't like that. He kicks like crazy when I'm on my back- I think it takes away some of his room. He's just so precious- he can kick me whenever he wants! :-) I love it!
Baby K: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
1 comments:
Hello Lil' June Bug....
So much has happened since the last time I sent you a message!
It is so good to see you growing and growing each week with your ultra sounds.
I am so excited to know that you will know my voice when you are born. Your doggie sisters (Bella and Daytona) don't really like my voice right now...they get mad at me when I have them go outside to play. Bella doesn't want treats from Grammie anymore. I have to get creative with her....hehehe.
I know I have said this before but, it is so cute to see your Mommie and Daddy so excited about getting your room together and picking things out for you...
Your Auntie's Kristen and Brittany have been so helpful. Auntie Kristen spent a good part of last Saturday helping your Daddy organize your room...getting ready for Daddy to put your crib and dresser together....it will be beautiful.
Auntie Britt came to spend Friday night and all day Saturday with your Mommie when Daddy went to get some fresh air out in the desert...got some riding in. oops...his foot is getting better!
Silly Daddy....
Your Daddy has taken on several rolls these days. When Grammie is not there...he does all the laundry, dishes, cleaning and still manages to have some fun in the garage. He is such a great help to Mommie! What a great team of parents you have. Not easy for them we all know. They are doing this because they already love you so much Lil' June Bug....You will just have to wait to see....I promise they are very special people!! When you grow up they are going to be the parents your friends wish they had!!
Last weekend Grammie and Papa had your cousin Noah up at our house...
We had so much fun...can't wait for you to come up and visit us too. Of course, when you are old enough.....
Lil' June Bug....I love you!!
Listen for my voice on Monday. We will go to see Dr. A and see you romping around in Mommies tummy!
Something I really look forward to doing! Such a special time and I love sharing it with your Mommie!
Funny....Mommie and I laugh so much...I'll bet you feel that too!!
Give Mommie and Daddy a big KICK or two today....it really puts a huge smile on their faces when you do!!
See you on Monday...xoxoxo
All my love, Grammie
Post a Comment