Wednesday, March 4, 2009

26 weeks, 3 days

We've had a fun week & weekend! Sam's been working on Baby K's room and it's painted now. We decided to put a chair rail in his room and crown moulding, which is what Sam will be working on the next couple of weeks. Our friend Jason has a handy little chair rail laser machine and he's going to come over to help Sam finish up the nursery. Once that stuff is done, Sam's going to put the crib & dresser together- I cannot wait to see it all!


My Aunt Connie is here with me this week, which is always fun! She's so funny! She got here yesterday and she's leaving on Friday. She was so excited to go to my doctor appointment this morning with me- she loves pregnancy stuff! Bella & Daytona have been in total heaven with Connie here...she loves playing catch with them. They were exhausted last night after playing all day! She's been so helpful with laundry and other random stuff around the house...I know Sam is so appreciative.


Jason & Shannon (and their adorable triplets) came over this weekend and they were so nice and brought us our favorite mexican food. It was so good and it was really fun to have them all over to just hang out and chit chat. They've been so great to us and we can't even say how much we appreciate it. Shannon and the kids came over again on Monday and brought us another yummy dinner- homemade Mac & Cheese, salad & cookies. She's been so wonderful and checks up on me every day or two. She can relate to everything I'm going through- physically & emotionally, and Jason relates to what Sam is dealing with. They both have been so comforting to us. We're so thankful for good friends!

My Mom brought down a baby doll that she dressed in a cute little outfit that she bought for June Bug, so that we can try to prepare the dogs for a baby in the house. Oh my goodness....it's so funny to see how the dogs react to this baby doll. I was laying on the couch holding the baby and talking to it in my baby voice- the dogs jumped up so quick and came over the sniff & lick the baby! It was so funny. I'm going to make Sam walk around the house holding the baby (he thinks I'm nuts!) so they can get used to seeing him holding the baby, too. I think they'll be ok with the baby, I'm just paranoid! :-)

On to Baby K....

Symptoms: I've been sick the last few days. This yucky thing started on Saturday night and it's still lingering. It started with a sore throat and now it's just a cold with sneezing & stuffy nose- yuck! 

Heartburn has still been a constant friend of mine the last week. I think I should buy stock in Tums! What would I do without them?

I mentioned the sleeping issue in the last post- I'm excited to have the Ambien on my nightstand!

I'm getting more & more excited as the days roll by. I just can't wait to meet this little baby and love him and teach him so many things. I can't wait to see him & Sam play and bond. Sam's going to be such a wonderful Daddy! :-)

Baby K:The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

I can't believe this says he should be a pound and two-thirds!!  Oh my goodness...at 2 pounds, 10 ounces, our little one is ahead of the game!

1 comments:

Grammie said...

Hope you get some sleep tonight...
So glad Connie is there with you.
I miss you all so much you just don't know.
Feel better honey!
I'll call you in the morning!
Lil' June Bug...we will have lots to chat about after the letter mommie wrote today!! heheheh
Love you TONS!!!
Grammie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs