Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Dr. appointment

Overall, everything went really well today. My cervix is measuring the same as last week, which is good news for me.

Although my cervix measurement was good news, I knew there was something going on when Dr. A came in the room and said, "Hello Mrs. Kaufman...I think you'll be the patient to give me an ulcer from worrying about you." Yikes! That was totally not the welcome I wanted to hear. He gave us a little tidbit of info that is just something else to worry about...the umbilical cord is down by my cervix (along with two feet and a hand..which explains all of the crazy kicks down there!) and Dr. A is worried that if I start to contract & dialate, the umbilical cord could slip through my cervix, which isn't a good thing. So, he really emphasized that if I get any cramping or contractions to get to L&D asap. Dr. A said he's confident that the cerclage stitch will hold my cervix closed, but I guess he just mentioned it because it's a possibility.

I got the dreaded news today that I unfortunately didn't pass my 1 hour glucose test. :-( My numbers weren't too bad...they like to see the levels under 130 and mine was 149...but still..it stinks. I have to go tomorrow morning for the 3-hour test which I am NOT looking forward to. I found a lab work place that has a bed for me to lay in for 3 hours and my Mom & I are going to take magazines, cards and whatever else we think of to keep us occupied for that long.

On a good note, as I mentioned before, my cervix is measuring the same. They did the growth u/s today so they measured his head, arms, legs, kidneys...everything and all looks great. I can't believe how much our "little" guy weighs...a whopping 4 pounds!!! The u/s tech told us he's a very healthy baby...I love hearing that!

I love knowing that if something were to happen and I have him sooner, rather than later, he'll be fine. He's so healthy now and especially with the steroid shots I got to help him- I'm just so comforted knowing he'll be a healthy little baby. Of course, I still want him to stay cooking to 36-37 weeks..that's my goal!

You hear that lil' June Bug? Keep on cookin' in there! We love you so much!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs