Today my wonderful husband turns 30!! He's so cute- he says turning 30 doesn't freak him out- it's just another number. I wish I were able to do a big fun shin-dig for him, but there's always next year. (And, we'll have a perfect little boy here next year to help us celebrate!)
Things have calmed down since our little contractions scare on Monday. Last night I got a good, full night's sleep (thank you, Ambien) and I feel so much better. I haven't had too many contractions- only 2-3 since I've been home. I've just been laying really low, not moving from the bedroom to living room (unless I have a visitor) and downing tons of water. I really hope this Procardia will keep working for us!
We've started to work on our hospital bag- my Mom ran to Target to get some toiletries for Sam & I to pack in the hospital bag. And, I ordered a really cute nursing nightgown & robe from Motherhood to pack in there, too. Just a few more things to throw in there and we'll be good to go! I just hope it'll be a few more weeks before we really need it!
Symptoms: Baby K has been moving more & more these days. I feel him more throughout the day now- and then of course again during his tumbling class around 8pm. With my discharge paperwork from the hospital on Monday, they gave me a kick count chart to start doing on Sunday (28th week). They say to pick the same time every day when he usually is moving around and then time how long it takes for him to kick, move, roll, tumble 10 times. It should be less than 2 hours. I'm excited to start that.
Along with being really tired all the time, my heartburn is still pretty consistent. Sometimes I wonder if heartburn will be a permanent thing for me now, but gosh, I'm sure hoping not. I'm going to hope & pray that once this little guy is out, it'll stop. It's just horrible.
Baby K: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
My goal is to get some pictures up in the next few days. I now have access to all of my pictures and have several to transfer from my camera. I have some really great ultrasound pictures I want to scan, too! Stay tuned... :-)
Thursday, March 12, 2009
27 weeks, 4 days (and Sam's birthday!)
Posted by
KK
at
12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment