Saturday, May 9, 2009

35 weeks, 6 days

Hooray for another week passing with our sweet little boy still in my tummy! It's been an eventful week so it went by pretty fast!

I had two appointments at fetal monitoring this week and everything looked pretty good. However, during my appointment yesterday, just after I had two contractions, the baby's heart rate dropped and because of my pre-term labor problems they called me yesterday afternoon to have me come back in today to do further testing. So, Sam and I headed over there at 9:30 this morning and spent almost 2 hours hooked up to the monitors. This time, we did the contraction stress test, rather than the non-stress test. They wanted to see me contract 3 times within 10 minutes- and surprise, surprise- I didn't. The nurse contributed this to me being on Procardia- my uterus has been forced to be quiet and now we're going backwards, trying to make it contract. So, Dr. H called the nurse and told her that since the baby's heart looks great- I can go but have to be back tomorrow morning at 8:30 to do it all over again. I'm not going to take my 8am dose of Procardia tomorrow, so hopefully that will help bring on contractions easier. If I don't contract on my own, they'll send me to L & D and get me going on an IV and give me a little bit of pitocin. I'm really hoping I can avoid all of that! We'll see what happens!

Everything else has been really great this week- my glucose numbers have mellowed out and seem to be under control after Dr. H upped my insulin a little bit last week.

I have an appointment with Dr. D on Monday morning- I can't wait. We're hopefully going to discuss options for when to plan for a c-section. I plan on asking to schedule it for 38 weeks...I hope Dr. D cooperates with my plan! haha :-) I'm getting to the point where I'm just uncomfortable in every which way I sit or lay. I can barely bend over to pick something up- my belly is just totally in the way!

The massage I had was nice! The place was a little..... interesting, I think is the word. But, the actual massage felt really nice and I felt so relaxed afterwards! It reminded me how much I love massages and being pampered!

Symptoms: I've been feeling really good! My lower back has still been bugging me if I stand for too long...but I still love being able to get up & about. Here's some really exciting stuff for me...I haven't had to take a Tums in a while now!! My heartburn has pretty much gone away- finally!! I contribute this to the smaller, more frequent meals of the diabetes diet. I think it's done wonders!
Overall, I feel great!

Baby K: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Little Baby K- we're counting down the days until we get to meet you and see your precious little face. We love you so much! xoxo, Mommy & Daddy

1 comments:

Grammie said...

Dear Lil' June Bug....

Well, what a week.
Some day you will be able to understand how much of a roller coaster ride Mommie and Daddy have been on. You are doing great and Mommie and Daddy are rolling with the punches. Seems to be one a week, punches that is.
Keep growing slowly......for Mommie's sake.
When they do special testing in the next week....just know that it is for your safety and Dr. D and Dr. H are watching you and Mommie very carefully!
Oh, do you hear Daytona and Bella barking and getting in trouble some days? Well, they are excited to see you too. So much going on in the house and your new room, I think they are excited too!!
Listen for me on Monday morning...
Remember tomorrow is Mother's Day and your almost here...so give mommie and tender kick. Hang in there and we are on count down to meeting you!!
All my love, Grammie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs