Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Can't wait! (and a quick little update)

Later today is my pregnancy massage- I'm beyond excited for this! My lower back has been aching quite a bit so hopefully I'll get some relief with the massage!

I've been so happy to get out and about the last few days. Target is just the same as it was a few months ago and I've missed it! I love just cruising around in there. I went over the weekend with Kristen and then my Mom and I ran over there again yesterday.
We discovered a yummy treat I can have on this diabetes diet...a sugar-free vanilla steamer from Starbucks! YUM! I've indulged a couple of times in the last week- but I can only have it at my morning snack...and it's just the small child's size cup. But, I love every little sip of it...

The fetal monitoring has been going really well. Baby K's heart rate has been just as they want to see it. I'm a little nervous for next week- on Tuesday they're going to start the contraction stress tests. yikes! I think the word stress is what scares me about it. They're going to get me to contract- if I can't contract on my own, they'll give me an IV with pitocin to get it going. I won't be surprised if this has to happen because I've been on anti-contraction meds...so we'll see. My Mom & I got an entire lecture on the purpose of the CST (contraction stress test) and how it's important to know how the baby reacts under stress- but there was so much information- all I remember are a few words.....microscopic, metabolism, oxygenation and late decel. :-)

I'll be back at fetal monitoring on Friday just for the non-stress test that I've been doing. Those are easy! Here are a couple of pictures...




And the view...

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs