There was so much to be happy about today! Not only was it Mother's Day- and I got to celebrate as a Mommy to be...but today I'm 36 weeks!! When I think about how far we've come with this pregnancy, it blows me away.
Today is the day that we've been hoping & praying we make it to. All along, Dr. D has been saying, "Once you get to 36 weeks, you can breathe a huge sigh of relief." To be honest, when he first started saying this weeks & weeks ago, in the back of my mind, I really wasn't too sure I'd make it to 36 weeks. I just imagined meeting our little guy much sooner because of the complications.
It's so special that we met this huge milestone on Mother's Day. Although I'm just a Mommy to be- not quite a Mommy, it's the best gift I could ask for. We're so thankful that our son has been given the best shot at life and now we know he's going to be so strong and healthy when he's born.
Sam & I had a great day celebrating...our first stop was Hoag Hospital. We were there for about an hour and a half this morning doing some more testing- good news...everything looked perfect. I go back Tuesday for the next contraction stress test. We then ran a couple of errands and headed home. While I got some napping in, Sam washed the cars and did a couple of things around the house. Then we just spent the rest of the day together...got dinner ready and now we're going to just hang out and watch some TV (Celebrity Apprentice finale..yay!!).
While today was a wonderful Mother's Day, I know next year will be the best when I have my little boy in my arms. Oh my goodness...I can't wait to meet him!
Here's our first "family" Mother's Day photo!
0 comments:
Post a Comment