Thursday, May 14, 2009

I get a break!

After visiting fetal monitoring for 7 of the last 8 days, I don't go back until Monday! Every contraction stress test I had this last week except for the one on Mother's Day came back equivocal- which means there was something suspicious in the test results they need to re-evaluate.

It turns out they were concerned because the baby's heart rate dropped just after a contraction. From what they've told us, this is common in babies, but because of my diabetes diagnosis they have to be extra cautious. Being insulin dependent can affect the placenta, causing the baby's heart rate to drop. I'm glad the doctors are being so conservative with these tests- it makes me feel so much better. It's not bad visiting fetal monitoring- I actually enjoy going because I have my Mom there and the nurses are just so darn nice up there! I've learned A LOT from them- they love sharing how/why the contraction stress tests work they way they do. It's all mind boggling to me!

Since I've been doing so many CST's, I've noticed more contractions throughout the day & night. I don't take my morning dose of Procardia when I go in for a CST and I think that brings on contractions later in the day for me. The contractions aren't painful for me (yet) but just uncomfortable with the tightness. It's such a crazy feeling!

I'm so excited for the big cerclage removal on Tuesday! It looks like I'll be heading back to fetal monitoring right after it's removed so they can monitor me and the contractions. I'm sure I'll be having some because Dr. D told me to stop taking Procardia on Sunday- 37 weeks!

We're getting closer & closer to meeting our little boy...gosh we can't wait!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs