Who would've thought I would ever get to title a blog post 36 weeks 6 days?? I sure didn't! That means tomorrow- 37 weeks I'll be considered full term! wahoo! It's such a great feeling! I know I say that in all of my posts, but it's just so true. There aren't really any other words to describe how thankful we are!
Today is my last day of taking the anti-contraction medication, Procardia. I've been having some contractions even while on the Procardia, so it's going to be interesting the next couple of days. I'm excited for my appointments on Monday and Tuesday to see what the doctors say. My gut is telling me Baby K will be here in the next few days! :-)
Symptoms: I've been feeling really good- and I'm actually getting some energy & stamina back in me! I haven't been getting AS exhausted from just being out and about. It's been really nice! My lower back has been pretty annoying though- but I can handle it.
The diabetes has been good- Dr. H has been happy with my numbers, so I'm happy! I'm just getting really tired of string cheese & Wheat Thins..blah. I can't wait for my big splurge meal after Baby K is here....a turkey & avocado sandwich on a croissant and star cookies from C'est si Bon. YUM! My Mom is so wonderful and she's already got it planned to run down there to pick it up while I'm at Hoag. :-)
Baby K has still been moving around, but not quite as much as before. I still get a good set of jabs throughout the day, but he does a lot of shifting where his head will just bulge out of me and my tummy gets all lopsided..it's pretty funky to look down and see!
Baby K's room is all done- we're just waiting on him! We have the co-sleeper in his room for now- once he's here, we'll move it into our room. I can't wait to have him sleeping right next to me- the little love bug! Other than that, his stroller is ready to go, car seat installed, dresser/changing table all stocked and ready to go, and bottles are even washed & sterilized (although I'm not planning on using those until he's at least a few weeks old). I've been busy nesting!
Baby K: Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
No thanks on the external version- I've heard how painful it is- and I guess not that great of a success rate. Many babies end up just flipping right back around...I'll take the c-section!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
36 weeks, 6 days
Posted by
KK
at
2:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
we are so excited that your little darling boy will be here so soon! Baxter says he cant wait to meet him (dying to know the name of your little "bug"). Best of luck!
Post a Comment