Monday, May 25, 2009

Tyler Paul Walter is here!!

We are beyond thrilled to introduce our amazingly precious son, Tyler Paul Walter! I've been wanting to post some pictures of him, but it's been hard to slip away from him for even just a few minutes..he's just the best thing ever and I can't get enough of him!

Tyler was born on Monday, May 18 at 4:21pm. He weighed in at 7 lbs, 10 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.

My Mom and I went in to my 37 week check-up with Dr. D at 11:30 and as he was doing the pelvic exam he said, "oh my god..i feel his foot!" My heart about dropped...I thought he was kidding. Sure enough, I was dilated to 3cm and Tyler's heel was coming through my cervix somehow! Dr. D called Dr. A to let him know what was going on and that I wouldn't be at my appointment the next day to remove my cerclage. Dr. D said he would be doing a c-section for me later in the day. He had a couple of other deliveries scheduled and then we'd be next in line. So, with that...my Mom & I headed over to L&D and waited for Sam to get there.

Just before 4 o'clock, Dr. D came in and said they were ready for me....we gave our hugs & kisses to our family and off I was wheeled into the OR. The epidural kicked in pretty quickly and shortly after....we heard the greatest sound in the world...little Tyler crying!

The whole day was just surreal...the most amazing thing we've experienced. The love that this little baby boy has brought us is just indescribable! We're just so in love with him!

We were discharged from the hospital on Friday and we've just been getting to know our little boy the last few days. He's been so wonderful and is such a great sleeper! The hardest thing we've had to adjust to since we've been home is the fact that Mom isn't here :-( That's been really rough for me. It's gotten easier each day, but it still is weird not to have Mom here with us every day.

When we got home from the hospital, my Mom had the house all ready for us! She had fresh flowers around the house, a fridge full of groceries, a wonderful steak & crab legs dinner ready, a huge Welcome Home Tyler chocolate chip cookie and a totally organized house. She's simply the best Mom ever and we love her so much! One of the nights we were at the hospital, Kristen & Kevin came over and helped clean our room and move Tyler's co-sleeper bassinet into our room. Kevin mowed the front & back yards for Sam- what a huge help! It was so wonderful to come home and not have to worry about getting anything done...except to relax and enjoy our time with our son!
Tyler is doing great..he has jaundice and we've been doing phototherapy treatment at home..which isn't the most pleasant thing, but hey..whatever helps our little Tyler, we'll do it! I'll post more on this in the next couple of days...but for now here are some pictures of precious Tyler...


We're so happy Tyler is finally here with us! Every ounce of craziness we went through during my pregnancy was beyond worth it...and we'd do it all over again for this little guy. We're so in love! :-)

2 comments:

liz said...

I am so thrilled for you guys! He is so cute, and I can't wait to see him in person so I can decide who he looks like :) Congrats!

The Wheeler Family said...

Congratulations! He is so perfect! I can't wait to meet him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs